I love everything coconut! Serve me a coconut dessert and I’ll turn into a little genie that will fulfill your deepest desires! 😛 Now honestly speaking, I’ve never had coconut muffins before and now when I baked these scrumptious goodies I realized what I’ve missed out on the last 29 years of my life! So you know my age now. 🙂
Enjoy every crumb with a dreamy whiff of coconut, sip in some peppermint tea (my personal favorite) and thank the good Lord for the art of baking! 🙂
- 40 minutes
- 9 muffins
- 1 large egg, best at room temperature
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil / olive oil / vegetable oil
- 1 tsp coconut essence
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1.5 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup caster sugar / coconut sugar (take 3/4 cup if you like your muffins sweeter)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Line up a muffin tray with paper liners or simply grease with cooking oil.
- Beat egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Add coconut milk, oil and coconut essence and beat again until well combined (if you’re using coconut oil, then add the other wet ingredients first and then the oil, otherwise it may re-solidify).
- Next, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C or 160 degrees C (fan-forced).
- Add desiccated coconut and mix until just combined. Do not overmix. The mixture should be a bit lumpy.
Spoon into the prepared muffin cases.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the skewer inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Serve with peppermint tea (my favourite 🙂 )
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.