Presenting to you a healthier version of your chocolate dream – the mouth-melting yet modest vegan chocolate cake!! What I love about this cake is it was made in 1 pan in less than 1 hour so I like to call it the one-pan-wonder! Happy baking! 🙂
- 30 minutes
- 1 8 x 8 inch square cake
- 1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp white vinegar / apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup warm water
- Powdered sugar to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 160 degrees C (fan-forced).
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in the pan.
- Whisk until all the dry ingredients are well-combined.
- Next add all the wet ingredients which include oil, vinegar, vanilla extract and warm water.
- Mix gently until a few streaks of flour remain. Do not overmix.
- Pop the pan in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool in pan for about 20 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar and dig into the vegan wonder! 🙂